Habitat for Humanity SPBC Hiring Community Engagement Director
Responsible for expanding and maintaining community relationships and ensuring that outreach efforts are coordinated among appropriate HFHSPBC departments. This position will serve as the affiliate’s liaison with the local municipalities, state and federal affordable housing funders. The Community Engagement Director also works with residents, community stakeholders and civic leaders to support Habitat for Humanity of South Palm Beach County’s mission. Works closely with Chief Development Officer to maximize funding opportunities.
Outreach and Community Organization
• Create and implement annual community outreach work plan with goals and specific strategies for increasing constituent support and tracking progress.
• Facilitate a Community Engagement Committee to support the community engagement efforts.
• Maintain strong positive relationships with community organizations including homeowner associations, chamber of commerce, community leaders, etc.
• Serve as liaison with the local, state, and federal agencies that administer affordable housing funding.
• Facilitate the application and reporting processes for funding for SHIP, HOME, CBDG, FHLP, SHOP, etc. from local, state, and federal agencies.
• Keep abreast of emerging needs, issues and opportunities that impact affordable housing, economic self-sufficiency, or community vitality.
• Proactively communicate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the HFHSPBC staff and board of directors when applicable.
• Generate/present qualitative/quantitative reports using data and statistics gathered from the target communities.
Faith Engagement Management
• Provide overall management of the HFHSPBC faith community partnerships.
• Maintain the Faith Community Leadership Committee.
• Serve as the primary point-of-contact for HFHSPBC outreach efforts to faith communities.
• Develop, implement and monitor an outreach plan to strengthen and increase faith community partnerships that align with the strategic plan.
• Actively participate in affiliate sponsored events and staff/departmental meetings.
• Conduct public speaking engagements to groups seeking engagement with our mission.
• Evening and occasional weekend time commitments are critical to this position.
• Works closely with Development Team to assist with grant proposals and other funding opportunities.
• Other duties as assigned
Demonstrate knowledge and skills
• Knowledge or ability to quickly acquire of local, state, and federal housing funding programs.
• Ability to work well independently and in collaboration with others.
• Sound networking, collaboration and partnership skills are critical.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, quickly change priorities and adjust schedules as needed.
• Ability to communicate effectively, positively and professionally both written and orally with all levels of partnerships.
• Ability to work with individuals from very diverse backgrounds.
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and database applications
• Ability to speak and understand Spanish and/or Creole is a plus.
• B.A./B.S. degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
• Experience in community development/outreach, organizing and/or community engagement.